Declaration of final dividend number 148
The board has approved and declared a final cash dividend of 702 cents per ordinary share (gross) for the year ended 30 September 2018.
The dividend will be subject to the dividends tax that was introduced with effect from 1 April 2012. In accordance with paragraphs 11.17(a)(i) to (x) and 11.17(c) of the JSE Listings Requirements, the following additional information is disclosed:
- The dividend has been declared out of income reserves
- The local dividend tax rate is 20% effective 22 February 2017
- The gross local dividend amount is 702 cents per ordinary share for shareholders exempt from the dividends tax
- The net local dividend amount is 561,60 cents per ordinary share for shareholders liable to pay the dividends tax
- Tiger Brands has 189 818 926 ordinary shares in issue (which includes 10 326 758 treasury shares)
- Tiger Brands Limited's income tax reference number is 9325/110/71/7.
Shareholders are advised of the following dates in respect of the final dividend:
|Declaration date||Thursday, 22 November 2018|
|Last day to trade cum final dividend||Tuesday, 8 January 2019|
|Shares commence trading ex the final dividend||Wednesday, 9 January 2019|
|Record date to determine those shareholders entitled to the final dividend||Friday, 11 January 2019|
|Payment date in respect of the final dividend||Monday, 14 January 2019|
Share certificates may not be dematerialised or rematerialised between Wednesday, 9 January 2019 and Friday, 11 January 2019, both days inclusive.
By order of the board
21 November 2018