Who we are
Tiger Brands is one of Africa’s largest, listed manufacturers of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). Our core business is manufacturing, marketing and distributing everyday branded food products to middle-income consumers. We also distribute leading brands in the Home, Personal Care and Baby sectors.
(see Unleashing the power of our people for more detail)
and nurture more
lives every day.
To deliver top-tier financial results
and be recognised by all
stakeholders as the best
fast-moving consumer goods
(FMCG) company in South Africa
and most desirable growth
company on the continent.
We focus on the consumer,
reigniting innovation and
leveraging our scale as one
Tiger Team, resulting in an agile,
lean organisation that responds
quickly and is aided by simple
ways of working. We attract the
best talent, and we are
recognised as a great place
OUR STRATEGY FOR SUSTAINABLE PROFITABLE GROWTH IS SUPPORTED BY FOUR
STRATEGIC PILLARS, UNDERPINNED BY OUR CORE VALUES.
other with care
quality are non-
negotiable for us
in all we do
TIGER BRANDS’ 2019 INTEGRATED REPORTING SUITE
Our 2019 integrated reporting process comprises the following reports:
- Integrated annual report 2019
- Consolidated annual financial statements 2019
- Sustainable development report 2019
These are all available at www.tigerbrands.com
SUPPORTING GLOBAL INITIATIVES
Tiger Brands takes a collaborative approach to sustainability issues by actively engaging with various forums:
- We participate in the annual climate change and water disclosures of the CDP
- We are a member of the National Business Initiative (NBI), Strategic Water Partners Network (SWPN) and Business Leadership South Africa (BLSA)
- Tiger Brands has been independently assessed against FTSE4Good criteria and has satisfied the requirements to remain a constituent of the FTSE4Good index
- We are a member of the Consumer Goods Council South Africa.
UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs)
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) set a long-term agenda to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all by 2030. In fulfilling our core purpose – to nourish and nurture more lives every day – Tiger Brands is committed to playing its role in delivering on goals that are relevant for our business. As part of our strategic pillar on Sustainable Future (see Our sustainability strategy), we are developing a set of commitments and targets relating to three key focus areas: health and nutrition, enhanced livelihoods, and environmental stewardship. In meeting these commitments and targets we believe we will provide a meaningful contribution to the following eleven SDGs: